In 1962, Reverend Joseph O. Scheer was commissioned by Archbishop Joseph Ritter to build a church in South St. Louis County. This church became St. Margaret Mary Alacoque.
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque School opened its doors in 1964. By 1978 the parish grew to include over 1000 families, and today the school serves 435 students in grades Preschool through Grade 8. SMMA School is fully accredited by the Missouri Nonpublic School Accrediting Association, recognized by the Federal Department of Education.
In its fifty plus year history, SMMA school has sought to serve the faith community of the parish by educating children in response to the commission of Jesus to teach all nations.